Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Hedge that's quickish?

On 10/9/08 07:35, in article
net, "mark"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 9/9/08 19:41, in article
net,
"mark" wrote:

Good evening.

I am going to plant a hedge in the next week or two. I am undecided as
what sort. Please could you suggest a hedge that is reasonably quick to
establish and isn't Leylandii. Beech is my default choice at the moment
but
I'm throwing myself open to other ideas.

Thank you.

mark

As always, where do yoy live? What is your climate? So - we could
suggest
Eucalyptus if stooled, Griselinia, Escallonia, yew,

Hi

I am in Norfolk.
Thanks for the responses so far.

mark

I like yew hedges and beech hedges. The leaf colour on the latter is so
pretty and yew is so forgiving if you have to cut into it! We put a yew
hedge in about 4 years ago and it's now around 5' high.
But this might give you some ideas:
http://www.hedgesdirect.com/

--
Sacha