Old 10-09-2008, 01:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

In article ss, says...

But I would like someone to please show me where using Ironite products is
poisoning the earth, without all the drama and baloney? Especially since
there are some rumors Ironite is using the touted Greensand for the iron
source in some product lines( one from the EPA scientist himself in the
holy citation). PIM's EPA's superfund sites link is pure "Baloney" and
totally irrelevent since once again the brand Ironite(R) was sold in April
06 and the Ironite Products Company (AKA the company that used the mine
tailing,. not the one selling the product today) settled with the EPA in
May06, the mine made superfund status in 08. Bottom line...... no more iron
from the Iron King's mine tailings in the product Ironite(R).

So there's a cutoff date on the original product.

I'd suggest that the warning isn't irrelevant quite yet, unless there's
been a recall of all the old product and every bit of it has been been
pulled from homeowners' shelves and returned.

Do you have a time frame for when new product -really- began to hit the
shelves and know of any significant label changes between old product
and new.