Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default Industrial vs. Organic

In article ,
"Ted Mittelstaedt" wrote:

You don't actually have to remediate the land and water, you
know. At one time we didn't. People would just use the
resources until they were all gone, then move to a new place.

Slash and burn agriculture is really old fashion and not recommended
for anyone, given our fragile ecosystems. It amazes me that you post in
a gardening group yet seem to be unaware of cover crops and crop
rotation, which slow the loss of top soil and don't pollute the
environment.

Personally, I don't have time for your Newt Gingrich impersonation,
so I leave you to the ministrations of our fellow posters.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars