Old 10-09-2008, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel[_2_] jadel[_2_] is offline

Default Cirrhopetalum = Bulbophylum?

On Sep 10, 10:40*am, Robert Lorenzini
wrote:
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 16:43:48 -0700 (PDT), jadel wrote:
To paraphrase a famous remark about Popeye's vital food--

"I say it's bulbophyllum, and I say to hell with it."

I have a number of bulbo's. They bloom well for me, especially -Bulb.
makoyanum- which is still putting out flower spikes after starting to
bloom in June.

Funny, I just bought one on ebay yesterday ($12 w/shipping).

Bob

You'll like it. It grows vigorously and blooms profusely for me. The
blooms have a faint 'musty' odor to my nose.

Like many Bulbo.'s, it eventually starts to 'crawl' out of a pot, so
slab mounting is probably best.

J. Del Col