Old 11-09-2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"phorbin" wrote in message

So there's a cutoff date on the original product.

I'd suggest that the warning isn't irrelevant quite yet, unless there's
been a recall of all the old product and every bit of it has been been
pulled from homeowners' shelves and returned.

Do you have a time frame for when new product -really- began to hit the
shelves and know of any significant label changes between old product
and new.

I don't know any cutoff datet. A recall would have been prudent since it
was demonized as such a
major health concern for years. I have no clue as to why that did not
happen, but I am not a judge nor a lawyer not even a part of the media
circus. I would have thought the ELF lawyers being as savvy and protective
as they have claimed in their many news releases would have asked for a
recall in their settlement. I note the SF court documents are a bit
different than ELF
actually claims in their website. All we can do is read the actual courts
documents and not rely on what either of the two parties claim.

Some side info for the conspiracy theorists.... The lawyer for the Ironite"
reconstruction "was a John G. Kerkorvian, Esq. of AZ reputed to be one of
the many Keating lawyers, (background info on Keating):
http://www.azcentral.com/news/specia...chapter7.html),
the Owner of Ironite Products Co is/was a Terry Nolan but the CEO/Pres
of IPC was, as reported, a H. Brungs
http://www.greenbeam.com/email/archives/gc05-02-06.htm
who hired on to consult with CentralG&P and later with the EPA to sell
the mine tailing clean-up material to the Alaskan Highway Department to be
used in the "Bridge/Road to No Where" Project so as to mitigate cleanup
cost. (just kidding about the last part!) The other is feeding the fire for
those so inclined.

It appears a recall wasn't considered when the parties settled out of court
in
CA, I believe the Judge signed the order in Aug 03... no lawsuit... $150 K
for the Elf lawyers, $150K for the ELF's charity group, a restriction not to
sell the product in CA until the product or the CA law was changed and a
requirement to put a warning label on the bag for Kids not to eat Ironite
1-0-0 or soil that contains Ironite 1-0-0 ( Ya, some people have to be told
this). 1-0-0 was the only Ironite product mentioned.
http://webaccess.sftc.org/Scripts/Ma...=-ACGC02409694 ,
Don't know if there were other soil products made by IPC. They did make
some product for use in
oil field mud, don't know if they still do.

There is no Ironite Products Company website any longer to check. There is
a mention from some Zoominfo website of IPC's address being in CA but it is
from a website that gathers internet business info (GIGO) similar to what
Dun and Bradstreet offers but at the K-12 level. I have my doubts of its
accuracy and do doubt the reference sources it uses, but please, ... check
the
sources it lists for yourself, the last one listed is from 2006/7 but says
the exact same thingit references in 2000 so it is a recycled news composite
article referencing another old source or what we use to call a rumor
confirming a rumor.

I've said prior there is info out there that shows the Co. being sold in
April 06, the EPA reaching a settlement with the Mine in May 06 ( do not
know if it is a cease and desist order or just clean up action) and the
Superfund designation status in Aug 08. I do not have a actual date of the
WA State analysis, they are being ****y and I don't feel it worth my while
to file a
PDA (a Public Disclosure Authorization) to get it.

I'm still waiting for all this Info on how Ironite is killing the earth.
Now I read in new posts where all chemical ferts are killing the earth's
soil.
I again invite all reading my $.02 here to read Segan's " The Art of Boloney
Detection" and use it to
keep facts from the manure.

BTW, did you know the organic fert ESPOMA GARDEN-TONE 4-6-6 uses waste
product and has
heavy metal levels of Arsenic of 9 ppm. Lead of 15 ppm and Zinc of 540 ppm?
http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilize...asp?pname=4478

Gunner