Old 11-09-2008, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ivy shredded

In article ,
says...
Janet Tweedy wrote:

: In article , Steve
: Turner writes
:: Janet Tweedy wrote:
::
::
::: I did get an estimate from someone recommended as reasonable, to put
::: up a 40 foot x 4ft high chain link fence so I can train the hedge
::: through yet perhaps chop then ivy off as soon as I see it AND keep
::: the dogs in safely. His estimate was for £700 (reckons 2 guys for
::: three days)
::
:: I've put chain link fencing up for work (well taken old stuff down
:: and put new up). You could get the fence for less than £100 and 2
:: men could do it in a morning. Although you need the posts as well,
:: say another £30 for the steel and one man would take a morning
:: cutting, drilling, painting and concreting them in.
::
:
:
: Thanks Steve, it did seem ultra high so was thinking of getting
: another quote.

I asked my mate at work for a ball park figure on what you want including
posts and fitting. he said "off top of my head, £700."

But he suggested using chicken wire for something like that, which is a lot
cheaper.

Chicken wire won't last and it won't keep a dog in either!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk