Old 11-09-2008, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Why Heirloom Tomatoes??

In article
,
Isabella Woodhouse wrote:

Sounds good. :-) I'm also hypothyroid, and insulin resistant.

The autoimmune spectrum now affects a very significant portion of the
population. Scary. Have you read _Dangerous Grains_?

No, do tell?

I understand that "modern wheat" is a hybrid of Spelt. And not any near
as healthy...

Interestingly enough, the dietary restrictions I ended up with actually
netted me a MORE varied diet! I started branching out and trying new
things. I'm now in love with the asian market.

Asian cooking taught me to make up dishes on the fly.

Ditto! g

I consider the
stir-fry one of the all-time great cooking methods because you can stir
fry practically anything. And what a boon for those of us with our own
edible gardens. However, I do miss eating out at Chinese restaurants
since it's nearly impossible to get anything that is gluten free.

I appear to be ok with that for the most part. We rarely eat out at all
any more.

I'm a better cook. g
And it saves money.

Where are you? I'm in central Texas, Austin area.

30+ miles due west of St. Louis. Zone 6. I see you're 8. Big
difference!

Huh. I must confess to not being too knowledgeable about zones. :-(
I feel ignorant and have never paid much attention to them. I understand
the concept ok.

I just know what I can grow, and what I can't, and what works in the
greenhouses I have.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain