Old 11-09-2008, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Planning permission for gardens?

In article ,
Charlie Pridham writes:

| However Nick, you are wrong about one thing, if you are going to pay for
| a newspaper it might as well be one you agree with so the colour of
| your politics must play a part and politics and truth have never been
| known to go hand in hand :~)

Why? I read a newspaper to garner facts, correct my misapprehensions
and receive ideas that I haven't already had on my own, and not to
bolster my prejudices. I should have thought that anyone fit to vote
would do the same - but perhaps I am unique in that view :-)

Actually, I am not. Some philosophers have made similar comments,
including some I strongly disagree with on most matters.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.