Old 11-09-2008, 06:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Fall feeding

"emceemc" wrote in message
I have a small pond with currently 5 medium goldfish in Chicago.

Summer temperatures have just fallen off into the 50s-70s range. I
usually continue to feed until about mid-November. What is the best
way to feed in the 8-10 weeks between now and then?

I feed until the fish lack interest in food. That happens at around 50 F
..

I could feed them the same as always, begin to wind them down with
progressively smaller feedings, or feed them more to fatten them up
for the long fast until April.

I feed to "fatten" them for winter. That fat is what they'll live on over

the winter.

What's the best way, or doesn't it matter?

--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.