Old 09-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Lance R.

Default Snakes are out and about

"Susan Hogarth" wrote in message news:hoMka.760

FWIW, I've spent many time in a canoe, floating down a bayou, looking at
Cotton mouths.

Are you sure? Perhaps they, too, were water snakes. How do you know they
were cottonmouths? Did you see someone bit by one? Did locals identify

them
for you? Many people around here call water snakes 'cottonmouths', so I
think local identification has to be taken with a grain of salt.

snip

Well, Susan, it's best to trust your books of what somebody says.

I'm not sure what you're saying. It's certainly possible you saw two
cottonmouths, but it's also an uncommon sight in Wake County, and

Looks like somebody forgot to take their bitchy pill today.

Lance