Old 12-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Hibiscus Hibiscus is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
The tubers are edible [not that I've tried them]. They may however not be very palatable !

Interesting that piece of information about Dahlias in Chinese. While they are both Asteraceae, I am not aware of anyone successfully crossing them.
Re tubers - Hmm... Maybe I've tried them before in Japan. I remember I had some raw flower petals (mostly taken from chrysanthemums), aloe vera (really, really bitter) in a sushi restaurant!