Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_245_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_245_] is offline

Default Thorny bush recommendation for security at vulnerable garden corner

"tonyjeffs" wrote in message

Aha!
We have some of that struggling to grow in another part of the hedge.
I didn't know what it was.

Nope my mistake. On closer examination it is something different. It
only has single leaves. It has the thorns though.
I'll ask at the garden centre about Poncirus trifoliata

Surely you want Berberis, I forget the name but the orange flowered one is
razor sharp. I expect Nick will come back with the name