Old 13-09-2008, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default TV alert

On 13/9/08 10:20, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:09:01 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 13/9/08 08:24, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:32:50 +0100, Pete C wrote:

AriesVal wrote:
On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:05:39 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Toby Buckland presents his first programme of Gardeners' World
tonight.

excellent prog which I've recorded. Did you see his raised veggie
beds? That's what I want for next year

I thought he did well. I loved his idea of a turf in a seed tray

my brother has been doing that for years !

Ray raises ours in a compost bag then chucks the emergent seedlings onto the
required places but in a small garden the seed tray idea would do for most
people. And to be fair, a lot of people won't have thought of it and GW is
for gardeners at all states of expertise. I really liked his manner and
open character.

Oh yes I entirely agree with you, I wasn't being dismissive just surprised
to see something suggested that I've known about for years

I suppose it's a bit like urg. The same questions arise over and over again
because new and/or younger people are coming to gardening as beginners.
We've noticed a very welcome increase in the number of young people who come
to the Nursery now, whereas when I first knew it, 9 years ago, almost all
the customers were around 40 and older.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com