Old 13-09-2008, 05:46 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Yellowing vegitation...

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Stupid question, but I'm seeing a lot of yellowing on the water lettuce i
my pond.. vegitation this year shot through the roof.. where before I had

algea and couldn;t see the fish, now I have SO much coverage, that I can;
see the fish because of it.. LOL!

I also haven't fed the fish for more then a month now.. I suspect they ar
eating the roots off the water lettuce.. would that account for the
yellowing?

The upper veggie filter pondlet has all dark green and vibrant WL... that
's
why I suspect the fish are just eating the water lettuce roots.

(I stopped feeding the fish, because they just left it flotaing it there,

uneaten in most cases.)

Some stupid dogs tore up the stream going down to the pond from my veggie

filter, so it's also been off the last month as well.. it developed a lea
somewhere, that I can been unable to discover.. I figure I'll just work o
it next spring, since everything seems good in pond land.

Sorry I haven't been "in gorup" much.. building a roof over our deck, and

various other tasks have kept me away from my ponding hobby... 8(

Gareee©
==========================Your formatting is completely messed up! Geeze, I thought I was the only

one.

It sounds like your water lettuce is either too cold at night, starving,
or
the roots were nibbled off.

--

RM....