Old 13-09-2008, 04:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Laguna filter falls 5000

I don't have any experience with a Laguna filter falls but I do have a
BioFalls filter sized for a pond up to 6,000 gallons. (I think that's it
anyway.) I'm running it on a 3,000 gallon pond and am quite pleased with it.
It requires little maintenance. I clean it once a year, each spring. In
addition to the filter pads and bags of lava rock and bio balls, I have it
planted with mint, irises and for-get-me-nots. I previously had a smaller
BioFalls on a 1,00 gallon pond and it worked just fine. That's why I had no
problem sticking with this filter style when I built my larger pond.

What alternative style filters are you considering? Do you already have a
"waterfalls" on your pond or looking to add one?

JMHO
JB

"John Smith" wrote in message
Is "Laguna filter falls 5000" any good filter? I found a used one for
half price. Should I get it?

Thanks,