Old 13-09-2008, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian[_3_] Ian[_3_] is offline

Default Is there honey still for tea?

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Don't know about Canada but I'm told one of the problems in USA has been
the
transportation of hives over considerable distances to pollinate
orchards.

Don't know about transportation, they hitched a ride on our ship Aurora on
our Word Cruise in 2006 in the Panama Canal. A Bee Keeper came on board at
the other end of the canal and took them off.
Picture http://www.myalbum.com/Album=YQ7UHU4B

Kind regards
Mike

I expected something serious then, not just a few hundred! They could have
easily
killed that lot with a can of RAID spray - obviously standing well back.
Bees don't mind being transported if you do it a bit at a time. If you just
take the
bee hive and move it, they will go back to where they come from. Do it
little by
little and they get used to the slight move.