Old 14-09-2008, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default dismantling greenhouse what to do with it?

In article , Sacha
writes
On 13/9/08 23:31, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

I am dismantling my 10 x 8 old Alton greenhouse this weekend. All glass
is okay but 50% of wood is rotten and needs replacing.
Would it be worth asking anywhere if anyone wants it? I can take it to
the tip but i suddenly thought there might be someone who could make use
of it?

If anyone here wants to collect it I'm in Amersham.
It does need wood replacing though.

Cold frames on recycled bricks or blocks? Don't lose the glass@

No I try and use special glass Sacha or even that plastic stuff as i am
always scared of falling in one or the dogs breaking it.
(A friend fell on hers and cut herself badly and the children over the
back threw stones on my last glass panes!
The glass is from 1980 and seems more fragile than i remember now it's
out of its runners.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph