Old 14-09-2008, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Planning permission for gardens?

In article ,
Janet Tweedy writes:

| The reason that the
| Daily Telegraph is so pernicious is that it appears to a naive reader
| to be a NEWSpaper, and it dresses up its propaganda as facts
| sufficiently well that otherwise not-totally-idiotic readers believe
| what it says.
|
| Well I'm not sure that thinking this government is a load of rubbish is
| propaganda Nick, just a point of view surely?

I made it quite clear that is NOT what I was referring to.

| Neither do I think you can call it propaganda as you are surely being
| read by an already 'biased' audience?

Ah. The pornography defence.

| Some of us have tried to read and accept the Guardian you know, but we
| could equally call it left-wing propaganda, there's only the Daily
| Worker after that.

Despite its numerous and serious faults, I have never seen the Grauniad
deliberately misquote in order to deceive its readers. Almost all of
its errors are clearly due to feeble-mindedness.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.