Old 14-09-2008, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Rubbish Flymo Hovermowers

Gordon H wrote:
In message , Corporal Jones
writes

Got through two Flymo 350's in 3 years, 1st one the motor burnt out
and just had the 2nd ones motor shaft snap just as I finished the
last cut. Anybody recommend a decent Hovermower, not the disposable Flymo
brand, around the same size, not a large lawn, only takes about 20
minutes to cut.

You must be doing something wrong!
I have had my basic Flymo for about 10 years, and gave my old one to a
lady friend. That one must be at least 15 years old and she
still uses it.
My lawns take about 40 minutes plus 15 minutes raking-up time.

I have an old Flymo.............bought from a bootfair when I moved into
this house 15 years ago. Cost me £10. Works fine
--
Pete C
London UK