Old 14-09-2008, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Eaten potatoes

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Any teeth marks,Bob?That will tell you if it's a mammal.

Looking closely at the gouges there do appear to be marks, as made by tiny
teeth.
Voles it is then.
Now I'll have to try to ID them, the one I got sight of was small with
brown fur, a pointed nose and stubby tail.

stubby tail fits both voles that it could be, bank vole and short-tailed
vole, but pointed nose doesn't. Voles have blunt noses.