Old 14-09-2008, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default My climbing French beans

The message
from "alan.holmes" contains these words:
"K" wrote in message
Christina Websell writes
Are a disaster this year. I planted them in May, they refused to flower
until recently although growing well. I have three tiny beans an inch
long
and a few flowers now. Too late. Is it the weather?

Probably. My experience is that runners do better when it is wet, and
french with a hot dry summer.

Both my runners and climbing french have gone mad, far too many to eat!

My neighbour just passed by with two five gallon buckets of runners and
another about a quarter full of ripe tomatoes, not to mention a load of
other veg.

Just as well he has a 4-wheeled trolley...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig