Old 15-09-2008, 02:46 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_5_] Billy[_5_] is offline

Default tree points

In article ,
"symplastless" wrote:

I do not know what you mean when you say nutrient? Are you referring to
essential elements? A tree cannot absorb a nutrient, rather they absorb
elements. Not nutrients. Elements are single groups of atoms of the same
kind such as calcium and nitrogen. Nutrients are substances that contain
the essentials for life, in the best amounts. Nutrients contain an energy
source, elements, vitamins, and other essentials for life. PLANTS CANNOT
ABSORB NUTRIENTS. Saying you feed plants with plant food, calling
fertilizers food, and saying that plants absorb nutrients indicate an
absolute ignorance of photosynthesis!! Elements are single groups of atoms
of the same kind such as calcium and nitrogen.
A nutrient is a substance that contains an element with an energy source and
an element without. Nitrogen is NOT a nutrient for chlorophyll containing
trees.

What trees don't have chlorophyl? What plants have enzyme systems that
don't require nitrogen? Enzymes are usually produced from amino acids.
DNA is lousy with nucleic acids (adenine, guanine, cytosine, and
thymine) which in turn have high nitrogen content
A substance that is very high in elements and energy it is called a
nutrient.

Oxygen and water aren't nutrients? They don't nurture?
To make this clear, please allow me to share this with you.
Essential elements. Look at your chart of Atomic Properties of elements.
(Not the Atomic Properties of nutrients) That's where you will find your
elements.

If you look on page 373 in Merriam-Webster's CollegiateŽ Dictionary, Tenth
Edition you will find a list of Chemical Elements as well as symbols, atomic
numbers and atomic weight.

All of which is pretty much useless unless you understand electron
shells (s, p, d, f), charge separation, and ionic and covalent bonding.

Get an introductory book for chemistry like
"Introduction to Chemistry for Biology Students, An (9th Edition)
(Paperback) by George I. Sackheim (Author)
http://www.amazon.com/Introduction-C...ts-9th/dp/0805
395717/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221440534&sr= 1-1

Ask the library or maybe a chem teacher for a recommendation of a book.
Maybe you can find a chem teacher who will let you audit their class.

Frank is right. No one is going to mistake you for a chemist. Your
understanding of chemistry sounds as if it came out of a Marvel comic
book. It is a mean thing to say, but you embarrass yourself when
you talk about things of which you have only a vague understanding.
Sorry, I forgot, you can't be embarrassed.

If your going to give advice about chemistry, first learn about it.
But you can't learn, can you?
And I've just wasted my time (
--

Billy