Old 15-09-2008, 07:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Why Heirloom Tomatoes??

In article
,
Isabella Woodhouse wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Isabella Woodhouse wrote:

that... not sure.

I've never actually reacted to Barley, at least not in the past...

Wheat allergy is it then?

Seems to be... altho' I can tolerate ramen pasta if I limit the
quantity. :-) Bread makes me the sickest of all.

And it shoots my glucose levels up too. :-(

I do hope you've had a screening TTG done--- though false negatives are
not unusual if you're not consuming much gluten.

Isabella

Glucose Tolerance Test?

We've pretty much done away with those and use the HA1C test instead.
My A1C level runs around 5.5 to 5.6. Normal is max of 6.5. :-)

I'm not a type II diabetic yet, but I'm trying to head there. It's why
I'm being so careful with my diet. Starch (and sugar) have been
relegated to "treat" status.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain