Old 15-09-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Rubbish Flymo Hovermowers

John E wrote:

I now have a rotary mower with wheels, because it is a simple waste of
electicity to use energy to provide lift when wheels will do the job. Sadly
it took me a while to work this out. (The current mower is a Bosch Rotak 40,
in case anyone is interested - works very well indeed).

It isn't simply energy - a hover has to use one fan to keep it in
the air, which therefore blows the grass downwards, plus, if
grass is to be collected, another one to attempt to suck up the
clippings. Wheeled mowers only need the single fan and lifts the
grass straight into the collector.

I have the Rotak 34, and find it very manoeuvrable on my smallish
lawns.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK