Old 15-09-2008, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Rubbish Flymo Hovermowers

In message , Chris J Dixon
writes

It isn't simply energy - a hover has to use one fan to keep it in
the air, which therefore blows the grass downwards, plus, if
grass is to be collected, another one to attempt to suck up the
clippings. Wheeled mowers only need the single fan and lifts the
grass straight into the collector.

For a short spell I did use a Flymo Turbo which had a grass collector,
but it was a pig because as the grass box filled it became heavier and
tended to dig divots in the lawn. I sold it for 10 quid, and
settled for raking the grass afterwards.

I have the Rotak 34, and find it very manoeuvrable on my smallish
lawns.
Chris

My pal George swore by his wheeled mower, but he had a largish
rectangular lawn.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply