Old 15-09-2008, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen[_3_] Stephen[_3_] is offline

Default Jalapeno Pepper plants indoors.

On 15 Sep, 17:32, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article ,Stephe n writes:

| Do these plants die down then and have to be regrown from scratch, or
| do they continue to grow into a small bush or tree?

Effectively, the former. *While they are strictly perennials, the
success rate of people overwintering them in the UK is not great.
Sow them as annuals, early, in the warmth.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

The office is air conditioned, but they turn the air conditioning off
at 5pm, so its off all night and all weekend. That isn't a problem at
the moment, but in winter I imagine the office will get quite cold,
especially during the Christmas shutdown period of about a week.

They seem quite 'happy' at the moment and seem to be growing ever
faster. I'll just keep them going and see what happens.