Old 15-09-2008, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default dismantling greenhouse what to do with it?

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:34:02 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 15/9/08 17:20, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:06:34 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 15/9/08 15:32, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 23:46:07 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 14/9/08 22:51, in article
, "Janet
Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sheila
writes

Agree re freecycle, just got rid of 4 bags of monbretia, and I was
very
careful, and made sure they all had corms, and there were no
weeds....

You need a medal for perseverance then if it's anything like my
freecycle group

Back to the idea of Cat's wine. Put it outside the gate in a box
saying
"free to a good home". If you have a pile of old newspapers placed
beside
it so people can wrap it too, so much the better. I did something
similar
with unwanted cartridges of ink for a defunct printer. They
disappeared
pretty quickly!

and a totally worn out dishwasher put outside the house at 5 a.m.
shortly
before
we went on holiday. It had gone by 05:05. The heavy rubbish day truck
wasn't
due
until 10:00.

Bob Flowerdew must have been holidaying in your area. ;-))

Shortly afterwards the residents of the local trailer park were banned
from
collecting scrap metal.

How annoying! Sounds like a perfect arrangement as long as they don't
keep
hold of it for ever and a day!

Before they charge us to collect heavy rubbish all we had to do was put it
out
on rubbish day. The trailer park scrap merchants took everything.
Next it was formalised.
The trailer park guys were banned and we were charged.
Then it was phone to have stuff collected
Then it was limited to items not longer than one metre on any dimension.
Then it was find somebody's unattended skip and dump it there or take it
to the
rubbish sorting place and give it to them.
--

Our rubbish dump, sorry council recycling centre, has just had a whole array
of fancy movement detectors and security cameras installed. Must have cost

Mike