Old 15-09-2008, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gb gb is offline

Default dismantling greenhouse what to do with it?

Do not bother to save the glass as its horticultural grade glass, and
our local council will not accept it as 'recycled glass', it has to go
into the general landfill.

The glass as its old will have gone, dare i say brittle. What i mean
by that is new glass can be scoured and snapped cleanly, if you do the
same with old glass it will snap everywhere else but at the scoured
line.

I am dismantling my 10 x 8 old Alton greenhouse this weekend. All glass
is okay but 50% of wood is rotten and needs replacing.
Would it be worth asking anywhere if anyone wants it? I can take it to
the tip but i suddenly thought there might be someone who could make use
of it?

If anyone here wants to collect it I'm in Amersham.
It does need wood replacing though.