Old 16-09-2008, 04:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Food for arthritis etc. (was Why Heirloom Tomatoes??)

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"gunner" wrote:

The high collagen diet seems to be helping more than anything, and a
good chiro' (I got references before choosing one) is worth their
weight
in gold. I've also purchased a muscle stim' unit after getting some
treatments using one at the Chiro's office. It's the gods...

Thanks Om, the first link is no longer available but I will read the rest
as
well as all your posts here.

thanks

Sorry about that. I did check it before posting so it must have just
gone down. :-(

Hope the rest helps.

I literally feel your pain if you are having similar issues!

I'm happy to post recipes for the stuff if needed, but some people just
can't stand the texture. Fortunately, I happen to like it but individual
tastes vary!

Standard stock aromatics. Onion, garlic, carrot, celery, lemon peel,
ginger root, pepper.

Salt to taste.

Cheers...

I'm way too young to be so damned old. Years of living with my house on my
back has caught up, still trying to figure out what type. done all the
therapy protocols except for the gold so far. Thank god for prednisone and
vicodin, but awaiting to see what that lapdance is going to cost me.
Tapering now and it is returning.

Interesting study, different than what I thought it would be, still like to
see larger studies and more peer review. Just read a study where knee
surgery don't relieve the pain anymore than exercise except in joint
replacement, but I read the 10 year warranty on that is just for parts and
doesn't cover additional diagnostics and labor costs and most likely ya
still have to replace it. So I will not get the entire front end replaced
quite yet but will do some adjustments later this month.

The thought of feet/hooves is not particularly appealing but I can go with
hocks/oxtails to get the collagen, just not in a glue pot kinda way. going
to have to come up w/ a recipe with hocks, cabbage, ginger, peppers and
turmeric, an Asian meal start already.

Thank again Om