Old 16-09-2008, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Bee mystery solved

On 16/9/08 09:56, in article ,
"Sacha" wrote:

On 15/9/08 17:16, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:05:54 +0100, Sacha wrote:

snip

We don't have a shortage of bumblebees. Have you?

Not really but probably not as many as we used to see. Despite being
pretty
close to Buckfast Abbey, we don't see as many honey bees as we'd expect,
either.

but no shortage of white van driving Glaswegians?

You're being a bit obscure, Grasshopper?!

What is the Glaswegian's favourite beverage and where is it made?
http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/buck_wine.htm

" For many years Buckfast Tonic Wine has been a popular drink in Glasgow
where
there is now what's called the 'Buckfast Triangle'. Anyone who watched the TV
series Rab C. Nesbitt will be familiar with the 'Buckie' or Buckfast Wine.

snip

Ah, that explains it. I didn't watch that series so I'd forgotten about it.

Bees have now moved on to the Cimicifuga which is in full flower.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com