Old 16-09-2008, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] pjh1@tesco.net is offline

Default Wind resistant fruit trees....

Hi!

I live in a very windy part of the country with a prevailing wind that
comes straight up the valley at the end of my garden and carries up
the garden until it hits my house. The wind can be quite persistent
and is often quite strong. Often it can be very blustery.

Ok, that sets the scene. Now, I want to grow 1 or 2 fruit trees in my
garden!!!!

Are there any trees that yield a reasonable crop of 'pick and eat'
fruit that could withstand this sort of wind?

Thanks!