Old 16-09-2008, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John E[_2_] John E[_2_] is offline

Default Rubbish Flymo Hovermowers

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:30:41 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

In message , Fluffball
writes

'Gordon H[_3_ Wrote:

My pal George swore by his wheeled mower, but he had a largish
rectangular lawn.
--
Gordon H

Get one with at LEAST metal blades.

Our last Flymo with plastic blades was pants. We now have a Bosch.

My Flymo has a metal blade.

For cutting through the power cable?

We got rid of our Flymo with a metal blade the first time it cut through
the
power cable.

That applies to all mains powered electrical mowers. They do have very clear
instructions about how to avoid cutting the cable. Curiously, I have never
cut a cable in 30 years of mains powered mowing. Must be down to competence,
or maybe, for those who don't read the instructions, the lack of it, I
guess.

John