Old 16-09-2008, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default electrics to greenhouse

'Mike' wrote:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Janet Tweedy writes:

| Can i just confirm with anyone that i would need to get a NICEIC
| electrician to put in a wire/socket to new greenhouse about 15 feet
from
| back of utility room? I already have it supplied to old greenhouse base
| but new one will be 4 feet over and anyway i put the old stuff in with
| 3 foot deep trench etc.

Yes, you do. The way to get around that is to run it off a plug,
which plugs into a socket in your last 'approved' location. It
can then be disconnected just by switching off and unplugging,
and is no longer part of the older building's wiring.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Which is what I intend to do to get Electrics to the Garage and Greenhouse

Which is very stupid really isn't it! Do a the job a more dangerous
way and you don't (officially) need a load of paperwork.

If you (or a friend) feel confident to do it safely yourself then just
do it, no one is going to know whether it should or shouldn't have
'Part P' paperwork. In reality Part P is a complete waste of time and
charade, it's pointless and unenforceable.

--
Chris Green