Old 17-09-2008, 01:18 AM
agentelrond agentelrond is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen[_3_] View Post
I haven't been here for a while, the last time was ask about lavender
plants. The advice on taking cuttings was spot on, and the single
cutting I took and just stuck into another pot is still doing fine.

Anyway, my topic this time is about Jalapeno plants.

The office had a charity coffee morning where they were selling cakes,
buns and coffee, and some enterprising sole decided to sell some
plants in pots. That was about four months ago I guess. Anyway I have
kept the pot on my desk since then. My desk gets morning sun from
sunrise until about 9 or 10 am, and then artificial light from then
until 9pm. So I now have a pot with three very green looking plants
about 8 inches tall. On two occasions one or other of these plants has
grown a white flower, which has lasted about a week, and then fallen
off. My question is should these flowers have resulted in a pepper
growing, or are the plants too young at the moment?

The soil is kept moist, and I have a Miracle-Grow plant food tablet
pushed into the pot.

Is there anything else I should be doing to see something interesting
like a pepper grow on these plants?

Cheers

Stephen
i had one last year it gave me a handful of chillies. i had it in the windowsil in my kitchen which gets teh sun most of the day
everybody needs a hug from time to time