Old 16-09-2008, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Help needed to identify plant

On 16/9/08 17:20, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"babydoctor" wrote in message

I recently acquired a potted plant but I was not told what it was. When
I got it, it had very small white flowers on it which were fragrant.
These have now died off (they can just about be seen in the attached
image). The leaves/stems have no scent and the stems are fairly hard
and stick-like. The older stems at the base have turned yellow.
I just wondered if anyone could tell me what it is and also give some
care advice... It appears to be dying off, and I am unsure if it will
come back next year etc....

a picture of the plant can be found at the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/6ex67w

Thanks!

I thought it looked rather like the white form of Lithospermum diffusum, but
I don't think that has scent.

Spider

Ray says there some miniature Penstemons about and I think someone has
suggested Penstemons, haven't they?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com