Old 17-09-2008, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default My capsicum. Again.

I was astonished to see, after a half day of sunshine on Saturday, that
about half of the skin of some of the round fruits was a brilliant,
beautiful, cherry red - not orangey. The long thinner ones are going from
green to yellow.

I'd expected, if any ripened at all, them to turn orange before going red.

AND I have one tiny mauve and white striped aubergine!

pride

On that sunny day I talked to a nurseryman who was selling capsicum plants
which were about 15" high, with fruits like mine, in 4" pots. I find it hard
to believe that they'd have grown so lush in such a small amount of compost.
Perhaps he 'helped' them ... he certainly kept the height down by cutting
them.

Mary