Old 17-09-2008, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Comcast is ending newsgroup support :(

In article
,
Chris wrote:

On Sep 17, 1:41 pm, "Dan L." wrote:
I just heard about this: Comcast is ending newsgroup support

http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

For those that use comcast newsgroups here on rec.gardens.
I believe they are many here. Use Web based support groups or pay extra
money and get a third party newsgroup provider in these tough economic
times

Time to think, do I pay more or say goodby before October 25, 2008?

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

If Earthlink serves your area, they not only provide free Usenet
access, you can access their servers from anywhere- and that's a rare
perk these days.

Chris

Hmmm ... A rare perk indeed these days! However, going from 10 Mbs to
dialup or even DSL is worse than death or even paying extra to Giganews
or Newsguy.

I still use some free newsgroups in other areas that is not found on
Giganews. I will search for first for free usenet groups that are free.
Do I want to pay extra to access this newsgroup and others? Maybe.

The posting is for others that use comcast and I believe they are many
here. It may be another steak in the heart for usenet. Another old form
of technology that is headed for extinction

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.