Old 17-09-2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Isabella Woodhouse Isabella Woodhouse is offline

Default Why Heirloom Tomatoes??

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

I appreciate the time you took to post me a warning Isabella. Truly I do!
I really do doubt tho' that it'll be a problem for me as I almost
totally avoid processed foods.

I kind of hate sticking my nose in offering unsolicited info but I also
feel a responsibility since this condition has been so under-diagnosed
because US med schools taught that it was rare in the US. It's
heartbreaking to see people suffering (and dying) so needlessly.

I live mostly on freshly cooked meat, leafy greens, and fresh and fresh
frozen veggies. I don't eat bread or ANY grain products anymore except
for some rice, corn and occasionally legumes.

It's a life style. :-)

People often say to me, "I could never live like that"--- a diet absent
of wheat, rye and barley that is. We ate at Applebee's the other day
due to a power outage and no other places having power. Salad was the
only thing they had that I could eat and most of the dressing was out of
the question too. All their chicken is bagged & brined with
wheat-tainted mixtures. And their ground beef is mixed with TVP which
often has wheat. Most everything else is pre-breaded. The waitress
said to me, "I could never live on your diet." And all I could think
was how awful the Applebee's food/menu was!
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot