Old 17-09-2008, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Ants in the lawn

"Ian" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Having killed the Moss with weed and feed, a bare patch has now been
taken over with an Ants nest and they are pulling all the earth up and
spreading it around.

HELP. Any suggestions?

Mike for Joan
--

Plenty of bleach and/or boiling hot water poured over them works well.
Similar to throwing salt over slugs.

Thank Ian. We do in fact use the boiling water treatment on the patio but as
this was in the lawn we wondered if anyone had a better remedy. As it
happens, this afternoon I very slowly poured boiling water down the holes
and hey presto it seems to have worked without spoiling the lawn ever
further!!!!

Many thanks again