Old 17-09-2008, 11:13 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Ron Hardin Ron Hardin is offline

Default What's this crop growing in my yard?

Pic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhhardin/2866590582/

I thought it was going to turn out to be corn but
it obviously isn't.

I suspect rooster poop planted it; we have a
rooster surviving from a group of seven dropped
off by some mysterious egg farmer last September
(they survive Ohio winter fine but whenever a
particular neighbor's dog gets loose a couple of
roosters meet death.). But it doesn't match any
crop planted nearby, those being corn and
soybeans. It might come from somebody's bird
feeder.

Central Ohio.