Old 18-09-2008, 01:30 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:38:32 EDT, kathy wrote:

Getting past the weeding with a pellet gun, which
takes a creative mind to come up with, and better
not let DH know about this as he is dangerous
enough with his flamethrower weeder....
maybe the weeds getting blasted with the pellets
stuns the grasshoppers and other insects and makes
them easy pickings.

I don't think so. I shoot wasps, grasshoppers, etc. just about every
chance I get, they make good moving targets. I don't see very many
though, so I usually shoot weeds (I don't shoot dragonflies or
butterflies, even though I have a lot of those). I have never had
the egret take any interest in any of the bugs I have "put down."