Old 18-09-2008, 04:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
I saw a news story this morning about a town in Northern
California which
(again) has been invaded by Egrets and Herons. I did a
Google search for
"egret heron invasion Northern California" to find out
more about it and
got 15,000 hits. Many of them come from other continents.
Their populations
are growing everywhere in the US, thanks to their
protected species status.
They maim and eat our pond fish. Your tax dollars at work.
sigh

==========================Their populations are increasing *because* of our ponds.
:-) They've got more to eat than ever before and are
protected by law.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.