Old 18-09-2008, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default Hunza Apricots

On Sep 18, 9:39*am, Pam Moore wrote:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 00:31:13 +0100, Tim Perry

wrote:

Please can anyone tell me where I can buy hunza apricots in East Anglia.
I saw them mentioned here, had never heard of them before, so I looked
them up.
From what I can gather they should grow true to type from stone,
so if I could find out who sells them I can enjoy the fruit, then have
a go at growing the tree.
Many thanks.

Tim Perry

Try health-food shops. *Holland and Barrett used to sell them but no
longer do down here. *The last I bought were from GNC, but have not
bought them lately. *They need soaking overnight. *I have not yet
succeeded in growing any, but have not tried that hard!
If you succeed let me know!

Pam in Bristol

Health food stores sell apricots dried and stoned.
To get stones, he'd need fresh apricots.
The snag with apricots, and tomatoes, and all those wonderful fruit
that taste so good in the South of France, or in Italy, or in Spain,
is that in the British Isles, they're never all *that* great, and
that's when the do manage to ripen fully!

Cat(h)