Old 09-04-2003, 08:20 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Tree with Purple Flowers

If it's very fragrant, it looks like a lilac bush. The close-up picture
also shows the leaves, which also look like lilac leaves.

Are you located in a northern region? Lilacs grow beautifully in colder
climates. I used to have several huge bushes all over my yard when I lived
in upstate NY. Here in North Carolina, lilacs do not perform well due to
heat, fungal diseases, etc. I miss my Colorado Blue Spruce, Lilac Bushes,
and White Birch. I now have a few River Birches, but they don't even come
close to the white in their beauty. Oh well, I suppose I should be happy
with the longer growing season and the variety of different things that do
thrive here.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"BiG Orange" @ wrote in message ...