Old 19-09-2008, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Some good things about autumn

On 19/9/08 07:48, in article ,
"M" wrote:

Following up to Sacha

IRTA 'Tesco'...

I'd love to do my weekly shop by helicopter - but no!

right, you are saving the planet and only use it for those monthly trips to
Harrods. Did you know the carbon footprint of eating a steak is about the
same as driving a gas guzzler for 70K (source New Scientist).

You've reminded me to take those steaks out of the freezer for tonight -
thanks! Did you know that the sale of organic food has dropped from around
£100m a month to £81m a month? Riverford Farm has gone from selling 85%
British to 78% because people are now growing their own more mundane foods
and looking for the more exotic things at organic farm shops. In the end,
what matters to people is how far their money will stretch on any given day,
however much they really do want to worry about ice floes melting.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com