Old 19-09-2008, 04:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Why Heirloom Tomatoes??

In article
,
Isabella Woodhouse wrote:

Corn starch gives an even crispier coating and also coats better.

Ah ha. I knew there was a reason I had that 2# jar.

Nacherally.g

If you filter and refrigerate the used oil, it's good for several
fryings. For regular pan and stir fry, I use Olive or more lately,
coconut oil. Grape seed is good too.

Yep, I filter and save it.

I get peanut oil here by the gallon for around $6.00.
And it goes on sale around T-day due to the popularity of deep frying
whole turkeys.

Get a bigger freezer. g

. whisper I already have considerably more cubic feet of freezer
space than I care to admit. We get frequent power outages here, about
once every two weeks. So I worry a lot. (no gas here either) Some of
that space is taken by gluten-free staples I buy in quantity. And then
there's the roughly 60 pounds (so far) of green beans I've frozen from
the garden this year. If we had any kind of a pea crop this past
spring, I'd be in far greater trouble.

Ah... I feel your pain. ;-)
I'm trying to clear my deep freeze at the moment in anticipation of
being allowed to go feral hog hunting.
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain