Old 19-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat(h) View Post

Regarding your last point, this here eternal optimist has 2 fig trees
in pots.........

.....Of course, they'll never ripen, but I'm chuffed to bits
I only had 3 of those little ones last year!
So, I hear you :-)
Good luck with the hunzas.

Cat(h)
I like to call myself optimistic, most of my pals say I'm just nuts. This year I grew Pawpaws, Goji, Bananas, Avocado, and Loquats. I doubt if any will survive the winter, let alone ever bear fruit, but at least I did manage to germinate them.
I have fig trees growing in my lawn, each about 10ft tall, the fruit gets about tangerine size. The flesh between skin and seed is sweet enough, but they taste nothing like 'real' figs.

My excuse is that I'm still learning, that's why I ask so many questions, one day I'll get there. At the moment I still make lots of stupid mistakes - like posting a question, and forget to say where I am.
Lucky for me there are lots of more experienced and knowledgable gardeners out there who are prepared to pass on advice.