Old 19-09-2008, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Isabella Woodhouse Isabella Woodhouse is offline

Default Why Heirloom Tomatoes??

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Isabella Woodhouse wrote:

Omelet wrote:
I get peanut oil here by the gallon for around $6.00.
And it goes on sale around T-day due to the popularity of deep frying
whole turkeys.

Good grief, am I getting ripped off!

Look for Lou Ana bramd?

That is the only brand I can find around here. Incredible. You pay $6
for a gal and I have to pay that for less than a quart!

I'm trying to clear my deep freeze at the moment in anticipation of
being allowed to go feral hog hunting.

Are these escaped pig descendants or truly wild ones?

Feral hogs, not wild pigs (Javalinas etc.).
They are actually supposed to be better eating. I have yet to try one
but have heard nothing but good. They are pests on many properties North
of here!

Oh I have no doubt they will be better eating than the typical grocery
store cardb....uh..... pork they sell now.

"When the boar breaks cover, there is only you and your spear."
~ Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

lol Yeah, spearing a hog might be a great adventure, but I'm too old
for that. I'll use my trusty .308. ;-)

Heh... thought that might give you a little chuckle. Those must be
pretty darn big hogs! Winchester? Browning?

Isabella
--
"I will show you fear in a handful of dust"
-T.S. Eliot