Old 20-09-2008, 06:00 AM
Tim Perry Tim Perry is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore View Post
The idea of 2 winters is a good one. Freezer or fridge?

I've grown French Mirabelles from the stones of fresh fruits.......

I assume the Hunza apricots
have not been heat-treated?

Good luck

Pam in Bristol
Freezer or fridge ? I don't know, but the freezer hits -20, would that be too cold ?

I have not tried Mirabelles yet, although I think it was Bob Hobden who first suggested I try them.

From what I gathered from the net, and later confirmed by Rusty, hunzas are dried on the tree, so no artificial heating.

As I understand it they do not travel well fresh, which is why they are traditionally dried this way.

Tim.