Old 20-09-2008, 02:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Why Heirloom Tomatoes??

In article
,
Isabella Woodhouse wrote:

Good grief, am I getting ripped off!

Look for Lou Ana bramd?

That is the only brand I can find around here. Incredible. You pay $6
for a gal and I have to pay that for less than a quart!

Huh. Might be location... I'm in central Texas.

I'm trying to clear my deep freeze at the moment in anticipation of
being allowed to go feral hog hunting.

Are these escaped pig descendants or truly wild ones?

Feral hogs, not wild pigs (Javalinas etc.).
They are actually supposed to be better eating. I have yet to try one
but have heard nothing but good. They are pests on many properties North
of here!

Oh I have no doubt they will be better eating than the typical grocery
store cardb....uh..... pork they sell now.

giggles

"When the boar breaks cover, there is only you and your spear."
~ Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

lol Yeah, spearing a hog might be a great adventure, but I'm too old
for that. I'll use my trusty .308. ;-)

Heh... thought that might give you a little chuckle. Those must be
pretty darn big hogs! Winchester? Browning?

Isabella

Winchester lever action, model 88.
Dad gave it to me for my 16th birthday so I've had it for 30 years.
Kicks like a mule, but not too bad if you bench it right.

I could use the AR-15 and I'm told .223 would work for hogs, but I'd
rather make sure I get a 1 shot kill and prefer a head shot.

Ob gardens: The feral hogs really do a number on some people's gardens
so welcome hunters in some areas. And yes, some of them can get to be
quite large!
--
Peace! Om

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." --Mark Twain